What are the spots on a jaguar or leopard’s coat called?

10 Mar

This blog is dedicated to learning something new every day. And roughly 70 days in I have been religious about keeping it up to date. Until now. And technology is to blame.

Quite literally I have been unable to access my computer all day, which has made it very hard to do any sort of research. Plus there’s the small fact of having to do it all on my phone.

So clearly, a short and simple question was in order. And here it is – is there a special name for the spots on a leopard and jaguar’s coat? The answer is yes. They are called rosettes because they resemble flowers.

Until tomorrow when hopefully technology has become my friend again!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: